Wick Trimming and Candle Safety
There are several ways to look after your candle.
Follow these tips to get the best out of your candle
- Keep wick trimmed to 5mm, before & during lighting.
- Purchase one of our Wick Trimmers to tend the to wick safely and easily.
- If your wick curls at the top, cut the curl off before re burning. This will help your candle to burn evenly.
- Occasionally your candle will create a large flame and smoke slightly. If this is the case extinguish and trim the wick. If your candle creates a small flame this men’s the wick has been trimmed too short. Again, extinguish, very carefully get rid of any molten wax and re light.
- Ensure at all times the molten pool is clear of debris.
- Avoid all secondary heat sources such as radiators or open fires. This extra heat can cause your candle to become unstable. Also please be aware using candles in areas where there can be draughts means it will burn more heavily on one side than the other; turning it occasionally means that your candle will burn evenly and for a longer time.
- Please don't add additional oils. They are not necessary as our candles are already highly fragranced. We add fragrance in controlled quantities, so it is present throughout the wax. As the candle burns, and the wax is used, the fragrance is gently released. Any added oil would be burnt off very quickly and increases the risk of fire/spluttering.
- Ensure candles are at lease 15cm apart. Many candles grouped together can make each candle unstable. Allow ample headroom for the heat and flame . Do not burn the bottom of the glass vessel.
- Do not light your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time. Extinguish your candle safely. Allow wax to harden before moving
- Assuming you adhere to the above conditions, then the longer you burn our candles at any one time – the better they burn. Long burning encourages a wide wax pool, which uses as much of the fragranced wax as possible.
Libra Fine Arts.
Sweet Vanilla Scented Candle Ingredients
WARNING:AVOID RELEASE TO THE ENVIRONMENT.IF ON SKIN WASH WITH WATER.IF SKIN IRRITATION OCCURS SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.TOXIC TO AQUATIC LIFE WITH LONG LASTING EFFECTS.
Contains: Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Lillal), Citral, Coumarin and Limonene which may produce an allergic reaction.
CAUTION: REMOVE ALL PACKING. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS. PLACE ON A HEAT RESISTANT, LEVEL SURFACE.DO NOT LIGHT IF GLASS IS CRACKED OR DAMAGED AND DO NOT LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED.